Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Very Sad Right Now

As you know a couple of days ago I posted to pray for Regina as things aren't looking great. I know her mom has her at CHLA to start a new IV Chemo treatment. I am praying it works.

Then my friend Trina's 2 year old nephew Eoin (Owen) has leukemia and things aren't looking positive. They've been trying to keep him well so they could do a transplant. If he doesn't get well soon - his parents will be faced with a very difficult decision.

And if those two heartbreaking scenarios weren't enough - a lady I knew from my early days in the Abilene Moms of Multiples died in a house fire over the weekend. She had twin boys and a daughter and one of her sons was sent to Lubbock with 3rd degree burns and I just found out he died as well.

It's almost overwhelming. I am praying but totally broken hearted and am not sure even how to pray. All three stories are like the worst things I can imagine. I simply...

It makes my topics on weight loss, Salem's audiology processing disorder, considering moving Nannie to a nursing home etc - seem so insignificant.

I truly believe in God. I truly know he's here and his heart hurts for all three of these families. I just still wish these awful things didn't have to happen. I'll just never really understand things like this - they really didn't happen at the will of another person which is just as awful but more understanding. These two kiddos don't deserve cancer and to do before they really live. And this woman who died in the fire and now her son...

It makes no sense...




2 comments:

the undomesticated wife said...

I know...it's just so sad. :( I just don't know what to say.

Yours Truly said...

I know we are not supposed to understand, but I still struggle with life stories like you wrote about. They pull at the strings of my heart and I cannot make sense of them in my head. They do put things into perspective and I too feel I blog about the frivolous. But I am also thankful that that is all I have of which to blog.