Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Salem can tie her shoes. Both Brian and I have shown her the way we know how and she just didn't get it. My niece April came over today and showed her a different way and in 10 minutes she could tie her shoe. WOW. :) To me that's a major accomplishment. I can specifically remember in Kindergarten not being able to tie my shoes until the end of the year. And I've been told that the public schools won't let them take off shoes during rest if they can't tie them!!!

We had a wonderful New Year's Eve! We rented a suite at McM Elegante. :) It was wonderful. We swam and sat in the hot tub for 2 hours then got ready to go eat at Bonzai for my sister's birthday. We always do dinners for family birthdays. I am SO glad she chose Bonzai. It was AWESOME. Then we went back to the hotel and Brian and the girls swam more and I got totally engrossed in ready Twilight. It's beautiful. I am not sure I love it more than the movies but I loved a lot of parts in it that weren't in the movie. I like Bella being Vegetarian though. It "makes sense". Also I feel like the movie and the actor did a better job of making Edward so amazingly beautiful and amazing. I feel like Stephanie (the author) did a better job with Bella.

Well back to New Year's Eve. The girls were wired. We had a blast. They actually stayed up and watched the ball drop. Salem BARELY made it and 2 minutes later she was asleep but she talked about it all day today. Raina was up but she was tired and cranky and couldn't find a spot to get comfortable. Salem was up at 8:30 LOL and swimming with dad. I was awake til 1:30 reading then couldn't go to sleep until 3 cause Brian was snoring. I slept til 10:30 and Raina til 11:30. LOL. But we had so much fun. And McM Elegante had a great space with table games (pool etc) and the pool and the bar and just a ton of stuff I think we are going to make this a yearly tradition either her or say in Lubbock or Dallas or somewhere. It was wonderful..

So I am getting asked CONSTANTLY if I am scared. I can honestly say no - I guess I do have that wave of crap what if something happens but I honestly am more excited than anything. I laid in bed with my beautiful girls on New Year's Eve and prayed over them after midnight and just thanked God for them and my husband and for protecting me during surgery. I think that's one reason I've told a lot of my friends is because I know they prayer and extra prayer can't hurt. So if you pray please say a prayer that we have a safe trip - we're flying to San Diego Sunday morning and I have surgery Monday. It's almost surreal like I can't believe it's about to happen. But I am just so hopefuly and excited and happy about it all.

Then someone asked me if I was going to write a letter to my daughters just in case. Hmmm - that kinda sickened me and I am not sure I should because of the negativity it would put in my spirit. WDYT? I think I am not going to decide right now and see how I feel when I get there.

Salem and I have been talking about the surgery off and on for a while. She's old enough to remember me being overweight and old enough to know I am going to have pain and not be able to do things at first when I came home so I didn't want to lie to her. Not over something so important especially. It's hardly a little white lie. So I told Salem I was having surgery to help me be healthy so I can lose weight and do more things with them. She asked if I was going to be skinny like her. I quickly told her she wasn't skinny but slender and beautiful just the way God made her. WOW they learn that so quickly huh? So she talkes about it and tells everyone. LOL.

And my sweet Raina is such a doll. She's getting less aggressive and more happy. She watched Beauty and the Beast today for the first time. She LOVED it. Her favorite word is no though! LOL.

So I am going to log off for now. I am not sure I will post again til I am in Mexico unless I have time to get pics up. If you pray - please keep our travel and the surgery in prayer. I'll be able to text and take my laptop. If you know my cell you are more than welcome to text me or ask me for my #.

1 comment:

Yours Truly said...

Leah,

You'll be in our prayers as you start an amazing journey.