Saturday, October 17, 2009

Memorizing Scripture With Salem

Salem and I've been working on scripture memorization since early September. She now knows:

Be bold be strong for the Lord your God is with you. Deuteronomy 31:6

Oh Lord Oh Lord, How majestic is your name in all the earth. Psalms 8:1

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. John 14:2

God didn't give me a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

We listen to the Hermie Scripture CD's as often as we can and at night but I wanted to find a more creative idea and saw this at Scripture Mom.

Every week we're going to choose a new scripture and for a while make a Scripture Collage. We read the scripture out loud, we played this on on our Hermie CD and then I wrote it down. Then Salem and Raina had fun cutting out pics from a magazine that described a key point in the scripture. We have it hanging in the office and for a week we'll practice and at the end of the week she'll get an extra marble for having it memorized. :)

And what's more important is she's VERY excited about doing it. Raina was involved and repeated the scripture with us and helped cut out pictures but refused to be in the picture I took!

No comments: