Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday Salem!




WOW - How the heck did 7 get here so fast? We went shopping yesterday for her GiGi outfit she wore today and it was just so much fun. Seven really is an amazing age. She's still such a little girl but I see glimpses of the mature big girl peaking out. She's still hyper and sweet and lovable yet empathic and VERY caring about others - especially homeless or hurting people. Her empathy amazes me. She still loves to cuddle and play mommy and baby but likes to be read to and read some herself. She enjoys her solitude which I find unfathomable since I still struggle with that.

She loves listening and dancing to music on her iPod but many times will do so wearing a princess dress, crown and dressup shoes. One of her favorite dressup outfits is a bride dress and veil. She loves drawing and art and plays with stickers and coloring books, yet often draws things God tells her to draw. She has this amazing story of Christ's life that she made out on paper. I need to video her explaining it. I was floored. She came up with it ALL by herself.

Dear God - thank you for Salem. My beautiful sweet lovable princess. I pray God that you protect her innocence and sweet heart. May the fruit of the spirit continue to take root and grow in her. May she continually walk in love and joy and peace and patience and kindness and goodness and faithfulness and gentleness and self control.

2 comments:

Tina said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy SaLeM!!

7 IS a fun age!
Lacey my daughter will be turning 8 in Nov. the BaBy of our family.
makes me sad, time does fly by to fast!
Have a great Birthday weekend Holamon's!!!

T.S.

glenna said...

sooo hard to believe she's 7 yrs old! Happy Birthday Salem!!