Thursday, October 15, 2009

Advent Conspiracy



Advent Conspiracy is an international movement restoring the scandal of Christmas by substituting compassion for consumption. What this video above and tell me what you think.

If you feel led, what can you do to change Christmas for your family? I feel really convicted about this so we're downsizing Christmas. We're not downsizing the fun of Santa or presents or decorations but we're downsizing the quantity.

We'll be doing 3 presents for the little girls as that's what Jesus got. We'll also do a Santa gift but that's something they are sharing this year. Family wise - we decided to do 1 family gift for my sister's families to promote family time, as opposed to buying for 10+ kids.

We'll participate with Angel Tree, Love N Care's Christmas on the Streets & the Mission's Kings Table.

What can you do? I'd love to hear your ideas.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

We've always wanted to volunteer and serve in a food kitchen but will have to wait until Kennedy gets a little bit older. I love the idea of downsizing! I totally agree with it!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Love to help the needy and all when I can, glad you are bringing this to our attention
kim