Thursday, September 3, 2009

Raina & Salem Updates

Raina made a friend! Her name is Arra!!! :) I am SO excited. Raina talked about her Tuesday night when I was gone. I met her yesterday & today Arra came & hugged her when she got there. Mrs. Mann said they really like each other. Raina has eventually played with other kids but never really made a friend on her own. I dropped her off & she went to Arra. Thank you Jesus.

I decided Raina didn't need dance right now. She's getting six hours of speech a week at school but 5 hours is in a language lab with other kids so her therapist at Rehab thinks she needs more one on one as well. So Tuesdays she has one on one therapy with her therapist and one other child (trying to address the social anxiety as well) and Thursday she has OT and then speech by herself. Then she has riding therapy on Friday. That's more than enough. :)

Salem is doing well in school academically. She's learning so much and getting better at her readers etc. But she has been really clingy and scared of me leaving lately. She keeps telling me but I'll miss you mommy. I tell her I'll miss her too and we go over the scripture God didn't give me a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound mind EVERYDAY. So I am praying that gets better soon.

She started violin last night. :) I think this is going to be great for her and at some point I hope Raina is ready for that. She's not ready now as she threw a car during the session to show frustration she couldn't articulate and almost hit the teacher. I am hoping most lessons Brian can watch her.

Also in an attempt to quieten their spirits and end the day with a treasure from God I started saying this blessing EACH night to them individually before I pray with them. I personalize it for them.

May the Lord bless you and keep you and make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. The God of Peace be with you. Romans 15:13, 33

Salem - Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15

Raina – The Joy of the Lord is Your Strength – Nehemiah 8:10

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Our kids making friends is just as wonderful as making friends ourselves! I have loved picking up Morgan from after school care and seeing her little friends hug her.... so sweet! Mainly b/c I know it may not always be like that! So heartwarming!

I just want you to know that I so appreciatate your honesty when you post on your blog or on facebook! I know so many people (including myself) feel the way you do and I would say that a majority of people feel the way you do. As a counselor myself, I've learned that people just want to feel important and loved, that's it! It's that simple! In our busy lives, it's so hard to make sure we're doing our part to make sure we're making our friends and the ones we love feel that way.

Leah said...

Thank you Whitney. I appreciate your feedback. It can be hard to be real but I need some place to do it so I choose my blog and FB! LOL. :) I think you're right that it's a universal condition and I think it starts from our our need to be loved but the love we need comes from God not man.

I love it when I see Salem holding hands with girl friends. I remember that when I was in elementary. :)