Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Think I Am Going Back To School

My goal is to go to Texas Tech online to get a Bachelors in General Studies so I can take the GRE and go to grad school at Abilene Christian and get a masters in Marriage and Family Therapy.

If I can't do it through Tech (which is MUCH cheaper) then I will go online to Regent University and get a Bachelor's in Psychology. We'll see. I have a call into ACU tomorrow about some licensing info and degree requirements. If I read their site right I don't have to have a degree in Psychology. The Bachelor's in General Studies would give me 3 concentrations - 18 hours in History, 18 hours in English and 18 hours in Psychology. That should be enough along with a 900 on the GRE.

I can't believe I am going to do this. I am very tentative because I am still praying but I think this is what I want to do. In the spring I will still try to become a trainer to get some part time income in. Especially if I have to go to Regent. Those loans will be at least $55K compared to about $10-$15K at Texas Tech.

No comments: