Saturday, December 13, 2008

Nannie was hospitalized tonight

So last Sunday we took Nannie to the hospital and after 6 hours the Dr. was a little snooty and said he didn't see anything in her xray to think she was developing pneumonia (which I and her home health people did think cause of past history) and they sent us home.

That Dr. was WRONG.

All of this week she's been week and tired but seemed better. Today she was VERY off. Very disoriented - wouldn't even talk - I think she had a TIA. We called home health and her lungs sounded worse. So we called the ambulance and took her to the other hospital where they were SO sweet and took such GREAT care of her. She has bacterial pneumonia in her right lung and fluid in her chest. Randy (my sister's boyfriend who is a nurse practitioner) thinks she has more problems with her heart. But we got there right before 6 and we just got her admitted and home. MUCH better. We were at the other hospital almost 2 hours longer and they sent her home.

So we just got home. I am VERY tired. I actually had a date night planned with my sweet hubby whom I haven't seen much of in 6 weeks. :( So we'll go in the morning before church and go from there.

The last 2 years she's been hospitalized 2-4 weeks around this time and it really helped build up her strength with fluids and PT and all. But this year her congestive heart failure seems worse.

So we're just praying. If it's her time to go we just want to be quick and painless. She's 82, on oxygen 24-7 and totally imobile. She misses Papa too. I do too. We all do.

3 comments:

the undomesticated wife said...

I'm sorry Leah. I know how hard this must be for you. :(

Whitney said...

You've got a lot going on right now. I know how overwhelming it can be. Hang in there!

Bonnie said...

Leah - sending prayers your way, what a difficult time. (((HUGS)))