Thursday, July 15, 2010

Salem's 2 Mile Fundraiser

I can't remember if I posted this or not but Salem came up with the idea to do a jog-a-thon to raise money for the Stop The Violence event our church puts on (it's this Saturday). She decided if all the crime victim center needed was money we should give it to them. Don't you love the sweet innocence of a child?

Earlier this year she begged to join a local track team. So we finally did. Well it turns out she hates running. Poor girl. Earlier this summer we talked about how she needed to fulfill her commitment for the summer and then we can find something else to try. But regardless she wants to do her run. So I am excited that my beautiful little girl, so sweet and caring and full of love wants to do something so amazing and that she "gets" it at her age.

But I am a little nervous for her too. She told me tonight she's scared she'll disappoint people and I told her that's impossible. She said what if I can't run 2 miles - I said you run as much as you can, then we'll walk and then we'll run again. Daddy will run too. She laughed and said but daddy hates running more than me. LOL.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. We run at 8 am tomorrow. She's raised $443 so far and somehow she decided her goal was $500. We're hoping some more donations come in. But either way she's raised $443.

I am SO proud of this little girl. She has Noonan Syndrome and a controlled heart condition but doesn't really get what it all means. She's just a regular little girl who loves God and people and feels called to bring peace to people. She has said that.

I will post pics.

No comments: